Stone Cold Steve Austin is a legend in the sport, and has always been one of the biggest icons of WWE.
1. The “Austin 3:16” routine he made up from making fun of Jake Robert at King of the Ring.
“You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn’t get you anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16… Austin 3:16 says I just whipped (you)!” said Austin to Roberts after he was portrayed as a born-again Christian.
2. He’s been involved in more than one Adam Sandler movie.
Austin has had a couple of acting gigs, primarily in Adam Sandler movies, where he was cast to be Sandler’s antagonist in Grown Ups 2, and a corrupt prison guard in The Longest Yard.
3. He nearly became your every-day gym teacher.
When in college, Austin was only a few credits short of getting himself a degree in physical education, but decided to drop out because he was annoyed by the math and accounting classes he had to take. He later worked on a loading dock.
4. His wife is the reason he’s called “Stone Cold”.
Being a heavy tea drinker, his wife was the inspiration after telling him to “drink [his] tea before it gets stone cold.” After taking a pause she decided: “That’s it, Stone Cold.”
5. Known as a big beer guy, he’s actually really into wine!
He says: “Back in the day I was really into the big cabs from Napa Valley, and my wife’s a big fan of some of the Italian wines, but now I’m more of a pinot noir guy –something a little bit on the lighter side. So yeah, I’m a bit of a wine connoisseur.”
6. When you go on his Wikipedia page, it actually says, “Stone Cold Steve Austin.” How awesome is that!?
7. He wouldn’t allow himself to lose to Brock Lesnar.
He wouldn’t allow WWE Raw to make him lose to Brock Lesnar, who was a rookie at the time. He didn’t come into work and then left the company in anger, later saying that it was one of the biggest regrets he made in his career.
8. He had the biggest draw power in the WWE.
Vince McMahon, CEO of WWE, stated that Austin brought the most fans when looking at box office draw power. This made him the most profitable wrestler the sport had ever seen.
9. He had a rough start when it came to wrestling.
His wrestling debut came in 1989 when he was part of the World Class Championship versus Frogman LeBlanc. He made just $40! He also later said that he didn’t actually know that wrestling was staged at the time.
11. During his career, he has managed to hold 21 championships in total, including 6 WWE championships.
“A two-time WWE Intercontinental Champion, and a four-time WWE Tag Team Champion, thus making him the fifth Triple Crown Champion in WWE history.”
11. He even has a beer named after him!
A beer company from Manitoba, Canada decided to make a beer named in his honor.
12. His first beer was when he was just 14 years old, and his favorite brand is Budweiser. He would often drink Buds during his WWE performances.
13. He has a passion for antiques.
14. The WWE allegedly covered up his domestic abuse case. However, police found Austin’s wife beat up in her home in San Antonio, saying that the WWE forced her not to speak about the incident by placing a gag order.
From the subsequent case he was made to do 80 hours of community service, fined $1,000 and was banned from alcohol consumption for a year. Later in 2007, Debra stated that the attack was caused by “roid rage”, as she believed he was a steroid user.
15. He also has a country album.
Of course it was called Stone Cold Country.
So if you’re a huge fan of the wrestling legend, remember to SHARE this with your friends and family!